Tuesday, March 23, 2010

About this blog

I decided to start this blog because of the current health care reform bill that has polarized the nation. (more on this later after I do my homework on the subject) I intend to write about my opinions on all kinds of things; political issues, social issues, pet peeves, kids and parenting issues, marriage, pop culture, reality TV... anything and everything that comes to mind that I have an opinion about – which is virtually everything! You may wonder why you should care about my opinion. Well, you don't have to. I just think it will be fun and interesting to see what the rest of the world thinks and where my thoughts and opinions fit into the grand scheme of things.


You may or may not agree with me and that is totally OK. I can agree to disagree if need be - I just hope you can too. My intention is to get people thinking and talking about important issues. I will probably toss in a few absurd, fun or lighthearted subjects as well, just for the fun of it.


I encourage people to comment on my postings, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Just remember, these are my opinions and are not intended to hurt feelings - it's NOT personal. I reserve the right to remove any feedback that is disrespectful, vulgar, hateful or inappropriate for any reason. This is not the place to be mean or rude - respectful comments only please.


I also strongly encourage people to write to their local, state and federal elected officials using calm, decisive, factual and respectful words. The only way to have our voices heard by our representatives is to communicate with them in a reasonable manner. If more people participated in THEIR government maybe things would be different. Sitting around in a coffee shop, bar or anywhere else and complaining and griping about something changes nothing. If you want to change the way things are, you have to actually do something, write a letter, volunteer, work on something...anything, just DO SOMETHING POSITIVE!

I believe in participation in the democratic process – yes, that means voting. If you don’t vote, don’t let me hear you complain about political issues or officials, EVER!

I will do my “homework” on serious topics before I spout off on an issue of importance (for example – the current health care reform issue). If I don’t know something, I’ll admit it. There’s nothing I find more annoying than someone ranting and raving about a topic they know absolutely nothing about. You certainly won't catch me ranting and raving on this blog without first investigating the issue and finding out as many facts as I can. Opinions are great but without supporting facts they are just a bunch of idiotic drivel. That’s it in a nutshell.


I look forward to debating with you on the subjects I blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment